Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Guest Post: Luv My Lacquer Water Marble!

Hi(: Today I have something really special to share with you, a guest post! Jessica is a lovely gal who usually shares her manicures through Twitter, but she just made a blog! YAY!! I asked her to do a guest post for me and she said yes, here it is(:
____________

Hello everyone! My name is Jessica & today I will be guest posting for Kelly. I have been following her blog and twitter for some time now and was really excited that she liked my Halloween CandyCorn Gradient watermarble which you all can see here (http://twitpic.com/78l5m6). I was really happy that she liked it so much and even happier when she asked if I can do a guest post for her! This is my first guest post and I hope you guys enjoy it =)


To prepare for this post I knew I wanted to do a water marble again but I wanted to make it really special for Kelly. I was looking through this blog and saw a post where she mentioned her favorite colors were turquoise and purple. I also noticed that she is a lover of Bettina nail polishes so I chose to use Aqua & Secret Garden for this mani. To begin, I used a thin coat of Milani's Smoothe Base Coat. I wanted to use a white base to make sure the colors pop so I chose Zoya's Snow White and applied a single coat of that. Usually, I wait for my base color to dry and use tape to protect my fingers from getting messy and full of nail polish while marbling, but, since I couldn't find it I decided to try something I have read about before. I used Eucerin Aquaphor (petroleum jelly or Vaseline works, too) to protect my fingers.


After I applied the Eucerin, I began to build my bullseye of polish in the water. When you water marble, it is best to use room temperature filtered water. I always keep a bottle of water with my polishes. For my bullseye, I used Bettina Aqua & Bettina Secret Garden. After building up my bullseye I used the tip of my orange wood stick to draw my design in the water. You will need napkin or paper towel handy when doing your designs so that you can wipe the excess polish off of the end of the stick as you go along.


Once I find part of the design I like I dip my finger in the water and use my orange wood stick to pick up the paint that didn't get used on my nail. Once that is all cleaned up I slowly raise my finger out of the water. I used cotton balls soaked in nail polish remover to remove the excess polish. (By the way, I think I like the Eucerin better than tape. It came off so easily!)


And this is what my mani looked like after I was done! I really liked the way it came out & hope that you all enjoyed this post. Kelly, I tried my best to incorporate some of the things you love for this one and I hope you like it! <33


____________

Thank you so much Jessica for that gorgeous water marble! I haven't tried marbling before but I definitely want to give it a go(: 

To see more gorgeous manicures, check out Jessica's new blog! (HERE)

Be sure to give her some love and comment below what you think! 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is so great, I love it!!

Wickless and Polished said...

Its gorgeous! I have yet to master marbling. I havent heard of the Eucern method yet. Is it just hand lotion that you applied around your nail?

LuvMyLacquer said...

Thank you so much whimsicalglam!

I am so glad that you liked this marble Kelly & I am looking forward to seeing pics of yours when you decide to try it! Thank you so much for asking me to guest post, it was a pleasure! xo

Lizzy O. said...

It's gorgeous! So with the vaseline, do you just wipe off the excess polish or do you still have to use polish remover?

Kelly said...

PadgettFarm: I believe the product (Eucern) is a type of petroleum jelly. You could easily use Vasaline. I think that's what most people use :)

Lizzy O.: I am not sure so definitely try both! I would recommend using remover though because maybe that way you can get everything off and not have anything "left over" if that makes sense :)

LittleBitColor said...

Greate combo of colors, and the design is lovely.... love sooo much!

Rie (Nails and Noms) said...

Beautiful! I love this way it turned out and your pattern is gorgeous!

I'll definitely have to try using eucerin/aquaphor for my next water marble since I have a giant tub of it from healing my last tattoo. What a great idea! ^_^

KimsKie's Nails said...

Wow! I've seen a lot of watermarbles but I really love this pattern/design! ♥

Eva Flores said...

wow it looks great!

LuvMyLacquer said...

PadgettFarm & Lizzy O. thank you so much ladies & thanks Kelly, for better explaining that for me, haha =)

LittleBitColor & KimsKie's Nails, thank you for your sweet comments <3

Rie, yea definitely try it next time you do it! It comes off so easily & saves me the pain sometimes of having to redo a nail from messing it up trying to get the tape off lol!

Deriniti said...

wow, that came out great! nice color combination too! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...