Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Readers Request: Fall Mani + Rising Star

Hi again(: Today's mani is another reader's request. She asked for a fall mani using gold and orange. What better way to combine colors than a gradient! :)










Wow. That was a lot of photo's. Ok. So I have been meaning to swatch Rising Star for the longest time but I never got around to it because gold doesn't look that great on me :/ But when this request came along, I thought it was the perfect opportunity. Rising Star is a gorgeous orange based gold. Very "warm". It's a foil. This was surprisingly opaque so I only needed two thin coats. Dry time was fast.

For the manicure, I started off with two coats of Rising Star, sponged on three coats of Take The Stage! (I posted two photos of what that combo looked like) and then very lightly sponged on one or two coats (I can't remember) of The Show Must Go On!.

Anyway, thanks so much for reading and be sure to let me know what you think! And if you have any requests, let me know! :)


  • Base Color: OPI Rising Star
  • Second Sponged Color: OPI Take The Stage!
  • Third (Last) Sponged Color: OPI The Show Must Go On! 

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE this!!!! I am a sucker for gradients and these colors are perfect!

Marketta at Pink Polish Addict said...

Really cute Kelly.

Anonymous said...

Loving these colours together!!

doxieil said...

This is gorgeous, might work up the courage to try it. My gradient skills need quite a bit of practice
Would you be able to do a silver/gold combo? Something for the holidays. I don't know how to make the two colors work together.
Thanks!

Kelly said...

doxieil: Sure! I'll get on that as soon as I can(:

Rie (Nails and Noms) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS! I love the transition from golden orange to red. This is beautiful Kelly!

Nail Designs xox said...

Sooo pretty!!!

AlioOp (MorePolishPlz) said...

Wow I love this! I may have to try this one it's so pretty and great for this fall. Thanks for sharing!

NailsLikeLace said...

Beautiful gradient! I like it a lot!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, wow , that is so well blended! Beautiful colors. ... What an awesome Fall mani!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...